The National Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery of Australia will come together on Saturday 21st January 2017, with outdoor activities for you and your dogs. Join other dog lovers for a pawsome day with many activities hosted across two sites.
Portrait Gallery Activities
|Billie, 2016 by Graeme Drendel|
National Gallery Activities
- A variety of pet friendly stalls from local business owners including Dogs on the Run.
- Inside you can see the Popular Pet Show ($10/$8) or partake in family activities. Pet minders will be available to look after your pooch while you’re indoors.
- Draw a portrait of your pup while you listen to live music starting with Betty Alto, alternative pop band, (from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm; followed by Don Carlo, guitar duo from 1:00pm to 3:00pm)
- Meet some young AFP canines between 11:00am-12:00pm and learn about how they are trained
- Best Friends show bags for the first 100 visitors to the stall (from 11:00am)
- Outdoor photo booth: step into the hall of mirrors, dress your doggy as Louis or Marie-Antoinette, take a seat on the golden throne and snap an amazing pic (from 9:00am to 11:20 am)
- Picnic curator talks: hear tales about dogs and their status symbol at the Palace of Versailles (between 9:45am and 10:45 am)
- Best Dressed Competition: Bling you pooch ‘Versailles style’ to win prizes throughout the morning including pet accessories and food from MyPetWarehouse (from 9:00am to 11:00am)
- Kids, pets and art – paw painting and other fun activities guaranteed to put smiles on you face and wag tails to the max. (from 9:30 am onwards)
- Join the parade – Follow the music from the Royal Court on a doggie walk adventure and let the K9’s take the lead (from 11:00am)
Tips for the Day:
Make sure you come prepared with sunscreen, sunglasses, hat and appropriate outdoor clothing and poo bags to collect ‘doggy deposits’.
When: Saturday 21st January 2017, from 9:00am until 3:00pm
Where: National Gallery of Australia, Parkes Place, Parkes, ACT, 2600